Mandarin / English Part -time Education Officer – Edinburgh
Job Title: Mandarin / English Part -time Education Officer – Edinburgh
Contract Type: Part-time
Working Hours: Up to 20 hours per week between Monday to Friday (09:00-17:30)
Salary: £10.18 per hour if below 23/ £10.42 per hour if on above 23
Overall Purpose of the Job:
UKEC is looking for dynamic and highly driven individuals who envision a fun & challenging career in the education consultancy industry and will effectively promote international education and continuously strive to achieve sales targets.
The Key Tasks Include but Are not Limited to:
- Responsible for the recruitment of students.
- Able to promote all the company’s products and services to a wide range of international students and deal with their enquiries accordingly.
- Any and all administrative tasks involve in processing students’ application. This will include but not be limited to helping students fill in application forms, forwarding them to the university, tracking their progress, entering and updating information in student files both on paper and on the office database.
- Have strong market sensitivity and awareness and provide feedback to the Centre Manager and Marketing Manager to explore market opportunity. This would include developing new markets, networking with potential local businesses, identifying potential marketing officers, etc.
- Liaise with universities to track students’ applications, arrange post-application interviews and field any general or specific enquiries as well as advocate on behalf of students in a professional and mature manner.
- Visit students off-site for counselling and information sessions, distributing leaflets, taking part in and off-site recruitment events such as education fairs, university interviews, open days, welcome parties, and other relevant recruitment events.
- Be available for ad hoc and regular company training where necessary and be prepared to deliver information sessions at regular company meetings.
- Maintain good communication with colleagues and keep the Centre Manager informed of application statues or problems.
- From time-to-time, undertake other relevant tasks as requested by the Centre Manager of the Company.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experiences:
- Have a university degree in any discipline.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Have excellent sales skills.
- Have strong direct marketing skills.
- Have a strong sense of market knowledge.
- Be able to meet targets and deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Be responsible, mature, reliable, and honest.
- The successful candidate must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.
- Be a committed team player but also be dependable enough to work individually with minimum supervision.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experiences:
- Be able to demonstrate initiative to develop and improve services.
- Have a network or customer base in the local international student community would be a distinct advantage.
"*" indicates required fields
Related job posts