About Loughborough University
• Loughborough now has 18,000 students of which around 20% are international students.
• There are over 2,600 international students studying at Loughborough – roughly 42% at postgraduate taught Masters level, 39% at undergraduate level and 19% at postgraduate research level.
• As well as the Leicester campus, Loughborough University London is an inspiring postgraduate campus located on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Established exclusively for postgraduate study and research, Loughborough University London combines influential thought leaders, pioneering researchers and creative innovators to deliver one of the best postgraduate experiences the UK has to offer.
Loughborough University was founded in 1966 and is now one of the elite universities in the UK. Loughborough University has a global reputation for academic excellence, strong links with business and industry and unrivalled sporting achievements. This is evident in our rankings success and numerous achievements which include:
• Ranked 10th in the UK in the Guardian University Guide 2021, 5th in the UK in The Times Good University Guide 2021, 7th in the Complete University Guide 2021
• University of the Year 2020 Whatsuni Student Choice Award
• Awarded Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017
• Ranked 1st for Student Experience by the Times Higher Education 2018
• Top 10 in England for research intensity – Research Excellence Framework 2014
• Loughborough has been ranked 6th safest place to live by StuRents
• Best sporting university in the world – QS World University Rankings 2021
The University’s 438 acre single-site green campus, the largest in the UK, offers great facilities for every aspect of student life. It is home to 18,215 students from over 150 countries. There are plenty of open spaces, gardens and sports areas along with academic buildings, student accommodation, medical centre, theatres, art galleries, cafés and shops.
The campus is safe and the facilities are conveniently accessible by walking, bicycle or via the University bus service. The University is located in the historic and pretty market town of Loughborough, in the southern part of the UK and centre of England.
19 subject areas ranked in the Times Top 10 in the UK
7 subjects ranked in the Times Top 20 in the UK
6 subject areas ranked in the QS Word top 50
9th in England for Research Intensity (latest REF)
6th in the UK for Teaching Quality and rated Gold Standard (latest TEF)
QS 5*Plus Rating – one of only 15 universities in the world to achieve QS’s highest university rating
What their Students Say
Liren is a London based Chinese travel writer and lifestyle influencer. He is the former Senior Editor of The Chinese Weekly, and his first book based on travel and lifestyle was published by Changjiang Publishing House in 2021.
Having spent 6 years studying and living in London and travel to more than 40 countries, Liren has a deep understanding of both Chinese and Western cultures.
His travel and lifestyle vlogs have received over 40 million views, whilst his social media channels have attracted 2 million loyal followers in both China and abroad.
Commercially, Liren has worked with Harrods Selfridges La Mer Mercedes Benz and and other renowned brands over the past three years.
Loughborough University Subject Areas
Accounting and Finance, Aerospace and Manufacturing Engineering, Arts and Humanities, Biology, Business and Management, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computing and IT, Construction, Creative Media, Creative Writing, Criminology, Design and Crafts, E-Sports, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, English and Creative Writing, English Literature, Environmental Studies, Geography and Environmental Studies, International Relations, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Mathematics, Media Studies, Politics, Psychology, Science, Sports and fitness, Supply Chain and Logistics