About University of Nottingham
The University of Nottingham is a truly global study destination – with a global community of 47,500 students from 150 countries. Their vision is to be a university without borders, where they embrace the opportunities presented by a changing world, and where ambitious people and creative culture will enable us to change the world for the better. The University of Nottingham is one of the founding members of Russell Group and is ranked 7th in the UK for its research power in the 2021 Research Excellence Framework and top 20 in the 2022 QS. At the University of Nottingham, they take pride in our cultivating a global mindset among their staff and students and providing an international experience for everyone.
Studying here will give you valuable exposure to the wider world, while the university's strong links with businesses and employers will help you prepare for a successful career. In the 2022 High Fliers Graduate Report, the University of Nottingham is ranked 2nd in the UK for top employers.
Your student experience is about much more than studying. Here, they highlight some of the opportunities you can take advantage of while studying with them as an international student:
- Student societies – Their Students’ Union hosts over 200 student societies. Choose from hobbies, sports and volunteering. There are cultural, national and religious societies, providing a way to connect with other students.
- University experience- Nottingham is ranked as the 9th best city in the UK for students and 53rd in the world (QS Best Student Cities 2022) and is home to a diverse community of residents from many cultures.
- Study abroad opportunities- Studying in another country during your Nottingham degree programme – through an exchange programme or summer school – is a great way to broaden your university experience.
- Student ambassadors- Each year, we recruit international and EU students to support us as International Student Ambassadors. This role provides an opportunity to share your experiences of life at Nottingham and gain experience.
- Host UK – Host UK is a national charity, that provides international students with the opportunity to meet British people and enjoy their hospitality by making a weekend visit to their homes.
University of Nottingham Subject Areas
Accounting and Finance, Aerospace and Manufacturing Engineering, Agriculture, Forestry and Food, American Studies, Art History, Arts and Humanities, Biology, Business and Management, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Classics and Ancient History, Computing and IT, Construction, Creative Writing, Criminology, Economics, Education, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, English and Creative Writing, English Literature, Environmental Studies, Food Science, Geography and Environmental Studies, Health and Social Care, Health Science, History, Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism, International Relations, Languages, Law, Life Sciences, Manufacturing, Mathematics, Media Studies, Mental Health, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Physiotherapy, Politics, Psychology, Religious Studies, Science, Social Policy and Administration, Sociology, Sports and fitness, Statistics, Supply Chain and Logistics, Veterinary Science