Studying in the UK from the USA

American International Student Life in the UK

The UK is a popular destination for American students looking to study internationally or for students progressing to their next level of university studies. Without a language barrier, students can fully focus on enjoying their course and student life. Studying in the UK as an American can be incredibly exciting and rewarding, with many of the world’s top-ranking universities and a rich and diverse culture.

Most UK universities will want to ensure your SAT scores meet the entrance requirements for the course you’re looking to study. You may also be able to use your SAT Subject Test, Advanced Placement, or ACT test scores, depending on the course and institution.

Visas for studying in the UK as an American

To study in the UK from America, you will need a Student Visa. To be eligible, you will need a confirmation letter from your university and achieve 70 points on the UK’s points-based immigration system. Once your visa application has been approved by the home office, you’ll be able to relocate to the UK and live there for the duration of your studies, after which time you’ll need to return to the USA or apply for a different type of visa.

UKEC provide free international student support for students studying in the UK from the USA and we can help provide you with all the information and resources you need regarding your visa. Follow the link below to learn more and discover our expert immigration advice service.

Find out more about international student visas

Support for students studying in the UK from the USA

UKEC work with students planning on studying in the UK from the USA, this includes preparing applications, securing scholarships and funding, and finding accommodation. Follow the link below for more tips for international students studying in the UK from the USA and other countries.

Browse our international student advice pages Contact UKEC if you want more support or information